Tuesday 30 July 2013

The never-ending story

      When I was a kid, I used to play a lot in the garden. My father always told me I was his little princess, till I really started believing I was a princess. So, I created my own kingdom, made of wood and grass, and I turned my dolls into my humble servants. I grew up waiting for a charming prince on a white horse, who would have saved me from the claws of loneliness, and would have taken me far away to unknown lands. He never came. 
        Instead of him, other self-titled princes came to me, with tattoos and pierces in their tongues, wearing ripped jeans and tight shirts. The white horse was replaced by white Lamborghini and red Ferrari, and the romantic invitation by a straight phrase:
      'Whassup bitch, wanna go out?'
I am neither disappointed, nor angry. In time, I understood that even frogs could turn into princes, if the right person kisses them.

2 comments:

  1. While I cannot speak for others I can say the older I get the easier it is to ride in in the black horse and be who I am... Its OK to be the bad guy sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they say good girls are attracted to bad guys....So, I guess being the bad guy is not such a bad thing anyway

      Delete