Tuesday 22 October 2013

Let go of the past, to embrace the future!

“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”  - Steve Maraboli

What parents say when you break up

I said I am ok, mom! Life goes on.

You do not have to pretend you are strong. I am your mother and I know you suffer right now.

I don't! Everyone breaks up nowadays, even you and dad did, when I was little...

Yes, but we do not set a good example. John and you love each other, sweetheart...

LOVED, at past tense...

Why don't you give him another chance?

You know what mom? I already gave him too many chances, and he ruined each one of them. I hate him, ok? I hate him!, she says bursting into tears.



Why do we have to suffer?

People will always hurt other people and get hurt. It is in the human nature. Disappointment in a relationship hit us all, at one time. Why? Well, mainly because people tend to have great expectation when they fall in love.

He is the one! I know it, I feel it!

He/she will never make me suffer... There he did it. All men/women are the same!

One of the biggest mistake people make, when they get hurt, is generalizing; stating that all of them are the same! The truth is that people are different. This is exactly the cause of most misunderstandings and relationships failures. The more partners share common interests, the better their relationship will turn. Differences can only lead to disagreements.

I am strong enough! Today, I'll let you go!

The conclusion: You cannot fully embrace the future, unless you let go of the past first!




"Going back to your ex is like reading a book you have already read. The outcome will always be the same" - Matthew Donnell

No comments:

Post a Comment