Wednesday 21 August 2013

Falling stars

I don't know if I can resist anymore. It is so dark in here and light seems so far away from me.

I begin falling...The other stars seem so happy with their families, but I am cursed to leave the sky. Why only a part of the stars falls, while the other part lives happily ever after? Aren't all the stars supposed to be equal?

I keep on falling. I can't help it anymore, so I let myself fall. Some of the stars look at me and laugh, being totally convinced that something like this could never happen to them, while others look at me with compassion and regret.

I leave the sky with resignation.  I fall down on Earth, with tears in my eyes, leaving behind a trail of stardust...

The same thing happens to human beings. We can never know when our kingdom falls apart and we are cursed to live in disgrace. Life is unpredictable. The positive thing about such situations is that we get to find who our real friends were and who weren't, who stands next to us and who leaves us behind. We are all falling stars.


Nothing happens without a reason, nothing passes without leaving trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment