Monday 5 August 2013

The key to the universe


Stop dreaming, Ann! Dreams are for fools! You will never go far if you impose to yourself such high goals! I want the best for you, and I don't want you to get hurt.

But, why can't I dream? Is it so wrong?

You live in your own universe, this is wrong! Get out with your colleagues and play, stop writing so much! I am just trying to protect you... It is the best thing a mother could say to her child. I want you to live your childhood.

Mom, I appreciate it but...I could not see a better way of living my childhood! I still don't understand why are you telling me this... why am I not allowed to believe I could do something great with my life, something that people would remember and...

And how are you going to do that?!

By writing...

This was a conversation mom and I had, when I was twelve.  Seeing me so enthusiastic about having a diary, writing short poems and different stories, from such an early age, scared her. I was different from the other kids my age. While they were thinking about new clothes, gadgets and toys, I was more interested in writing, singing and dancing. I had big goals, and I still have them.

What mom did not understand was that I always loved writing, as much as I loved people. Whenever one of my writings inspires someone, I feel completely fulfilled. This is where I get my power to go on from. Choosing to stay in house and write, instead of going outside and play was not a sacrifice, as she believed. It was my way of expressing my feelings. I wanted to be like the wind, and leave behind me a trail of dust.

I sometimes think I was born in the wrong age. To me it seems that in the past, people were more aware of life's real purpose. Nowadays, we fight against each other, we all run chaotically to achieve money, fame, success... The world is powerfully leaded by coins and paper. However, I still have the power to hope that future will bring changes. Until then, I will remain in my own little world, trying to make as many people as possible part of it.

How does my world look like? Well, in my secret universe, the only leading machine is FAITH. My world is not leaded by money, or by anger and fights. In my secret universe, the only thing making the world run is the power to believe. Here, the only thing money can buy is...chocolate. Yes, I love sweets, as much as I love writing. Chocolate makes me think of how sweet life can be, while through writing, I can be the one who I want to be! Today I can be a faithful housewife, tomorrow a wicked widow. I can sin without being judged, I can lose control and act unreasonably without thinking about repercussions, I can fly without being afraid to fall.

I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of what you became Ann...I suppose I was wrong when I told you to stop believing in your dreams.

This is what mom told me yesterday, reading one of my stories. She does not know how happy her words made me. I am actually writing this post due to her words. I wanted to tell you to never stop dreaming, but to also try making each of your dreams reality! 

Today, you might be a dreamer. Tomorrow, you might be an achiever!

Never be afraid to touch the sky, no matter how many people will tell you to keep your feet on the ground!

Never be afraid to fly, no matter how many people will cut your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment